CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's been a hot one that's for sure!!

It has been extremely hot outside, but surprisingly we have maintained our regular school schedule and excitement throughout the entire week.  That is a major score for this family!!  I am not particularly good at any temperature above 75 and below 70...there are only a few days out of the year that I am at my peak temperature. {grins}
But, horribly hot weather put aside, here is my curriculum choices for the upcoming  year.  (This is the first time I have written them down...I may overwhelm myself just seeing the list...beware).
My oldest one...starting 2nd grade:

Math:  BJU Math 2
Geography (and many other subjects thrown in there):  Galloping the Globe
Language Arts:  Spelling:  Spell to Write and Read
Reading:  Pathway Publishers Grade 2 Readers and Abeka Grade 2 Readers
Grammer:  First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind Level 2
Handwriting (although this is more for the art than anything):  Draw Write Now
Bible:  All three of my girls are using The Gigantic Coloring Book of Bible Stories right now, we are halfway through it...I am ready to move to something more in depth but they really enjoy the rhythm we have started with this so we will just continue on it until the book is completed.


My middle child entering her K5 year...in my family we break the kindergarten year into 2 years, this year will be a step above where we were last year but not quite at the first grade level.  I have lots of worksheets, art activities, and lapbooks planned to work on with her while I determine what her learning style is like.


Math:  Making Math Meaningful is where I am hoping to start in the next few weeks, we may have to bump that back a little.
Geography (and many other subjects):  She will be working with her sister while we work through Galloping the Globe
Language Arts:  Spelling:  Spell to Write and Read
Handwriting: Draw Write Now (again, more for drawing practice)


For my youngest, blocks, puzzles, worksheets that she begs for her so she can do "school" like her sisters, work on colors, enjoy being 3, etc.


Please hop on over and see what others are doing for their weekly wrap up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment